Arizona Wilderness Coalition & Friends of the Verde River Stewardship Training – February 16 – 17, 2019
The Arizona Wilderness Coalition in collaboration with the Friends of the Verde River is excited to announce a special hands-on experience that will introduce you to the concept of wilderness stewardship. Join them for this two-day event in Prescott National Forest’s beautiful Cedar Bench Wilderness.
You will learn about and discuss:
- topics surrounding the history and laws governing Wilderness
- the seven leave no trace principles
- how to properly identify problems areas and execute maintenance
- river monitoring
- becoming a volunteer
- and much more!
This training course is exactly what you need to help grow your skill set and understand the value and importance of stewardship of Arizona’s Wilderness and Wild and Scenic Rivers.
Come prepared for both classroom discussion and hands-on training as you spend a night under the stars putting your new skills into practice.
How to Register
Prior to registering for this event, please be sure to read the following documents, then follow the signup link to Meetup to RSVP and for additional details!
- Prescott National Forest Adopt-A-Trail Manual
- Forest Service Volunteer Handbook
- Hazardous Communications Training
- Blood Borne Pathogens Training
- Prescott National Forest Adopt-A-Trail Job Hazard Analysis